Welcome to THERMOfit’s Smoothie Bowls and Protein Balls recipe ebook. Get ready for some incredibly delicious, quick and easy recipes ahead.
There’s nothing better than being able to whip up yummy meals and snacks that are healthy, nutritious, adaptable and speedy to make. It makes healthy living so simple, enjoyable and easy to maintain long term.
This ebook contains a range of smoothie bowls and protein balls which are made with the help of the amazing Thermomix. The recipes included are suited to any model of Thermomix (TM31, TM5 or TM6) and are done using the manual method (manually setting the time/temp/speed).
If you are using another high powered blender or food processor, please follow the guidelines specific to your product and adjust where necessary.
As you’ll see the recipes in this ebook are made with All Good Nutrition products which I highly recommend. However if you wish to use another brand of protein powder please use the same quantity and adjust if needed.
I was delighted to discover the All Good Nutrition company whose products took my smoothie bowls, treats and protein balls to the next level. You can read more below on why I choose and recommend All Good Nutrition
WHY I CHOOSE
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.
For as long as I have worked in the Personal Training, Health and Weight loss industry, I’ve been asked for my advice on different types of Protein Powders and specifically which one is best. There are so many options out there, all claiming to be amazing yet most of them are rubbish. It’s hard work to know the difference, therefore no matter how many times I am asked, I am always happy to give my opinion to help others decide.
People also know that personal trainers and people within the health industry are most likely to:
A) Have tried them all. (and can therefore save them lots of trial, error and money)
B) Understand the confusing words in the ingredients list and can identify the deal breaker contents.
C) Take into consideration all of the factors needed to choose the most suitable one.
After years and years of trying different protein powders, I was incredibly happy to have found the All Good Nutrition range. They quickly became my number one recommendation to others as well and they ticked all of my boxes.
Protein Powders are not all made equal and most will either taste horrible or contain unhealthy ingredients that contradict the very purpose and/or claim of the product itself.
For me to confidently choose and recommend, these are the categories that I harshly critique a Protein Powder on.
In no specific order, it comes down to: taste, ingredients, macronutrient balance (including a low end carbohydrate amount and a high end protein amount), the quality/source of the protein, where it is all made/ingredients sourced, fair pricing, company ethics and location.
This is not an easy test to pass and I would say that my standards are super high. However, I believe everyone’s standards should be high too, specifically with our nutrition as an area that we have control of.
I use 3 of their main products on a daily basis.
I include their protein powder in all my smoothies, smoothie bowls, protein balls and healthy treats. The superfood blend will also make it into most of my smoothies/bowls or I just enjoy it mixed with cold filtered water. And I also use the Shroom Tonic in my Bulletproof Coffees, Cacao or Turmeric Lattes or simply straight off the spoon.
---- Smoothie Bowl ----
1. 170g frozen Banana (approx 2 bananas)
40g Avocado (approx ¼)
2. 1-2 Scoops All Good Nutrition Chocolate Protein Powder (30-60g)
3. 60g Peanut Butter (or any nut/seed butter)
4. 15g raw Cacao powder (approx 1.5 tbsp)
5. 120g Ice cubes
6. 1 Zucchini, roughly chopped, optionalb(approx 120g)
7. 2 tsp optional Maca powder
8. 100g Dairy free Milk of choice
1. Blend all ingredients for 45 SEC / SP 8.
2. Scrape downsides and blend further, 30 SEC / SP 7.
3. Divide into 2 serves and sprinkle each serve with toppings of your choice
1. Replace Zucchini with another Vegetable such as Beetroot or leave it out altogether.
2. Add a shot of Coffee (or up to 100g of brewed coffee) for a Mocha flavour.
3. See topping suggestions on page 9
---- Protein Balls ----
1. 150g fresh Cherries, pitted
2. 220g Shredded Coconut
3. 100g Dried Cranberries
4. 1 tsp Vanilla bean extract / paste
5. 30g Vanilla All Good Nutrition Protein Powder
6. 150g Dark Chocolate
7. 20g Coconut Oil
1. Wash and pit the Cherries, then add them to the mixing bowl.
2. Add Coconut, Cranberries, Vanilla and Protein Powder. BLEND / 20 SEC / SP 7.
3. Transfer mixture into a separate bowl and without washing the mixing bowl add
in the chocolate broken into single squares along with the coconut oil. MELT / 5 DEG / 7 MIN.
4. While the Chocolate melts, use a teaspoon to scoop out some mixture and roll
into small balls, about 20c piece size and place on a lined baking tray.
5. When the Chocolate has finished melting, take 1 teaspoon of melted Chocolate
and pour over each individual ball slowly. Place tray in the freezer of fridge to set.